READ LATER - DOWNLOAD THIS POST AS PDF >> CLICK HERE <<

In the previous blog, How to Avoid Holiday Hazards at Home, we enumerated a list of the different accidents you should watch out for to have a safe celebration. If you haven’t read about it, you should check it out. However, if you did, then continue reading the following fire and electricity-related dangers we need to avoid.

 

Overheating of Power Sockets Due to Overusing and Overkill

When having celebrations, we love decorating our homes with flashing lights, and most of them are consuming electricity overnight. Depending on the quality of the wires and other materials they are made of, this could lead to overheating of power sockets due to overuse.

 

Try not to overload your electrical outlets as much as possible to avoid overheating. To protect your devices from electrical overload, use a high joule rating, premium surge protector, with filter banks, lifetime warranty and built-in diagnostic capability for your home and office electronics. It’s a must investment that your family needs.

 

Accidental Fire Due to Excess Wrapping Materials Which are Often Flammable

Properly dispose of the excess materials you will be using in wrapping gifts you will be giving. Most of them are highly flammable and can potentially cause a fire when lit by a small match, a lighter, a candle or a burnt coal. Be cautious not only on where you put them but also on how you are working with them to keep away from danger.

 

To ensure that they won’t cause a fire, put them in a non-plastic, lightweight, odor-proof, comfortable, versatile, corrosion-resistant, rust-proof, easy to clean, hygienic, compact, fireproof trash bin. Not only will they be away from causing any house fires but will also keep your indoors free from the garbage smell.

 

Fires Due to Unattended Candles

Candles should never be left behind and forgotten. Put them in a place where they can’t cause a fire even when stumbled. Keep them out of children’s reach and away from all flammables, too. It is easier to watch out for possible sources of a danger than to extinguish the results of not doing so, right?

If you want to include candles in your decorations, try to put them in a dishwasher-safe candle holder that will not tumble down easily when pushed. You’ll not only avoid a disastrous incident but will also make your room filled with an attractive golden light.

 

Electric Shocks Due to Fluid Spills

During celebrations, food and drinks are plenty on the table. There’s a high risk that someone might trip and spill some fruit punch or juice on the decorative lights, the sockets, or any electronics. This might cause shocks and sparks that could ignite an explosion. Be careful not to put drinks anywhere near to avoid electrocution.

If you can’t change your extension cords to waterproof ones, or if you can’t place them to safer places, protect them with a versatile and water-resistant extension cord cover. You can reuse them after the holidays for your outdoor electrical connections too!

 

Burns from Cooking Accidents

The kitchen is not the safest place to be, especially for children, during the busiest time of preparing. Hot pans, stoves, microwave ovens, and more could burn your skin severely. A good food is never worth the risk so in preparing your loved ones’ favorite dishes, be very careful.

 

If you want to prevent this danger from happening while still doing the dishes you love, use a double-layered fireproof set of gloves. With this, no hot pan or pot will ever stop you from cooking safely.

 

Wildfire or Housefires from Firecrackers

We didn’t mention this on the previous blog so you can consider this as a bonus. However, this is probably one of the most important ones to mention. This is also a cause of fire you never want your house to have.

 

Firework displays are attractive sights to see, but these beauties are actually beasts that cannot only take away some of your body parts when hit but can also burn your house down. To know more about how to deal with this potential hazard, watch a comprehensive and up-to-date guide to fireworks safety with information coming from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), U.S. Fire Administration (USFA), and OSHA.

 

Don’t let your celebration fun be ruined by these fire and electricity hazards. Don’t just wait for them to come. Fight them with a thoughtful preparation. Invest in things that will last longer for your family’s safety and be positively practical.

READ LATER - DOWNLOAD THIS POST AS PDF >> CLICK HERE <<

    1 Response to "How to Avoid Fire and Electricity Hazards During Celebration"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.